Polka Dot

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"I" Goals

I realize now that my blog has a little of a...I don't know, a problem maybe.  As I have learned in curriculum, it's important to look at the end goals and what students are going to learn.  An activity may be really good, fun, and creative (like I'm all for) but students might not learn much from it.  Nevertheless, I still want to keep writing my blog and it's here for inspiration to you all!  

It's important for students to have personal goals in what they're going to learn.  Therefore, in the beginning of a lesson, students can write "I will learn...".  When students have a goal in mind, they will learn better and be more attentive (hopefully) since they have a goal to achieve here!  They can even share those goals with a partner to be accountable for their goal and to have a sense of community!


No comments:

Post a Comment